Grace Bible Fellowship has recently committed to contributing to the work of RealOptions Pregnancy Medical Clinics (previously Crisis Pregnancy Centers) as part of our belief in and commitment to the sanctity of life. We will promote and sponsor the Walk for Life, encourage volunteer time and contribute financially to RealOptions, standing in the gap as one of the few churches that is willing to speak clearly against abortion.
Rebecca Morales, RealOptions’ Community Relations & HOPE Program Manager, spoke at Grace Bible Fellowship in April 2018 and shared some interesting statistics and facts that highlight why the church’s commitment to this issue is so critical.
- RealOptions is a life-affirming clinic, but wants to serve those who are abortion-vulnerable. As such, their offices are strategically located next to Planned Parenthood clinics. They ask God to direct vulnerable women to RealOptions instead of Planned Parenthood.
- RealOptions allows clients to see an ultrasound of the baby about whom they are making a decision. Often, when a heartbeat is seen, life is chosen. In contrast, Planned Parenthood makes sure that women who get ultrasounds do not see the screen and the heartbeat of their unborn child.
- Approximately 90% of all patients that visit RealOptions choose life
- Unlike Planned Parenthood, RealOptions receives no government funding, and is therefore strictly dependent on giving. Interestingly, 92% of all funds come from individuals & only 8% from churches.
- The majority of pastors believe that speaking about life at conception is more a political than moral issue and thus do not want to take a public stand on the controversy.
- 1 in 3 women have an abortion by age 45, but 65% of women who self-identify as Christian are having abortions. That means that more Christians are having abortions than non-Christians! So, this is an important issue for the church.
More about RealOptions Pregnancy Medical Clinics
RealOptions Pregnancy Medical Clinics have been serving Santa Clara and Alameda County since 1981. They are licensed community care clinics providing medical consultations, pregnancy tests, ultrasound exams, STD testing & treatment, prenatal care, abortion pill reversal and ongoing support services. Through medical services and education, they provide support and answers regarding sexual health. They help women facing life-changing choices around an unplanned pregnancy understand all options.
RealOptions has four offices in the Bay Area: Mountain View, Union City and both Central & East San Jose. RealOptions services include:
- Pregnancy Tests
- STD testing and treatment
- Ultrasound Obstetrical Imaging
- 1st & 2nd Trimester Prenatal Care
- Abortion Pill Reversal
- Information on pregnancy options
- On-going counsel and support
- Counsel for parents and men
- After hours helpline 800 712-HELP
- After abortion help
- After adoption support
- Parenting and Childbirth Classes
- Maternity and Baby Clothing
- Adoption counseling and agency referrals
- Sexual Health Education
- Community Assistance referrals
RealOptions Pregnancy Medical Clinics are licensed by the California Department of Public Health and are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
For more information, visit: https://www.realoptions.net/